TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!
2 people liked this

Re: TURN VIDEOS OFF?

333mhz

No, this doesn't help.

The only reason I pay for spotify premium is the curated and automated playlists, there is a noticeable lag when I reopen the spotify app and a video is playing, the audio pauses for a second. 

Don't add a feature no one asked for that makes the experience worse without the option to turn it off.

The thing that's  great about Spotify is that its so simple and works so well, now you've gone and **bleep** with that, so its likely you'll just do it even more going forward.

jechin1
Casual Listener

months later and there is still no real solution for this? Get this fake "solution" outta here.

1 person liked this

Vd4
Casual Listener

As with most annoying features in Spotify, the answer is to always keep it in offline mode on your phone. It also solves the Spotify Connect battery sucking problems as it tries to connect to every device around you automatically.

Spotify is not going to get rid of videos voluntarily. They want you to pay attention to them so that you click on the video and they get ad revenue (That's right, your premium subscription is NOT ad free!). They will only change if the new feature stops making them money, so deprive them of the some of the data and ad revenue they so desperately want by putting it in offline mode.

2 people liked this

aaomidi
Casual Listener

Literally no one asked you for this. Are you actually braindead?

Google Play Music here I come.

1 person liked this

matttheazn
Music Fan

No one wants to watch videos on a music app.  We want to listen to music and not pay for all the extra data you cause us to use by forcing videos on us. This is ridiculous.  I will be filing a class action lawsuits for Spotify to pay for my data charges.anyone else on board.  This is utterly a useless feature to have videos.  NO ONE WANTS VIDEO.  TURN IT OFF.  Or make a **bleep**in button so we can turn it off.  About to switch to Google and Amazon after 3 years of paying for premium.  KILL THE VIDEOS NOW

x-339bds_zmb

So, after all the feedback the march forward continues.... No option to disable video....

Very poor show for what is a premium music streaming app, this is not youtube.

Get your act together or find my money travelling elsewhere.

yecoqb4-v_pw

RIDICULO!!! Se eu quisesse video eu iria pro YOUTUBE, vocês estão de sac**gem? Esses videos travam, repentem a musica, que QUALIDADE vocês querem dar nos forçando a isso?? EU ESTOU PISTOLAÇA COM VOCÊS, MANO!!!!!! 

user-removed
Not applicable

going to cancel suscription if this won’t be fixed

stupidpeople

super awesome when youre driving and it takes a couple extra taps / swiped to get to the music controls.. cause theres dang videos playing.... great job on safety here guys!

BTW this is sarchasm in case ya hadnt noticed.  were PAYONG for a service, why not let US decide if we wanna chew thru more data or not???

also dont bother telling me i shouldnt be using my phone wile driving.. thats not the point

large168

I'm on the 3 month trial of Premium. When riding the subway underground, with weak or no cell signal, my music just stops when the playlist tries to play a video. Then I have to dig into my bag to find my phone and figure out why the F my music just stopped!  While I'm fumbling for my phone in the crowded NYC subway, I risk serious injury from falling since my hands aren't holding the pole.  I also risk looking like an **bleep** who wears headphones while no music is playing. My constitution is weak and cannot handle the stares.

After my 3 month trial is finished, I'm not renewing. Bye bye Spotify. 

SUGGESTED POSTS