TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!

TURN VIDEOS OFF?

ave18

How do I turn off these darn videos??? They are eating up my data plan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ave18,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Community!

Right now there's no option to remove videos from playlists, but you can still create your own playlists that include just songs!

You can show our devs that adding the option to disabled videos is something to look into, by adding your vote to the idea here

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

150 Replies

PremiumLambchop
Casual Listener

I play Hot Country on boat and then comes Keith Urban or some other artist blabbing about nonesense. I know you guys are trying to make money and promote their concerts, but that's why I pay y'all 10 clams a month - no distraction, just the music, please!

PremiumLambchop
Casual Listener

Spotify - I'm giving you until next weekend to fix this problem or you can say bye bye to $120 a year from me. And you guys need to make a profit that's clear from your financials. You may get the scale you need and ultimately win, but I got Amazon begging me to join their platform. And Google. And Apple. Fix it!

Driving my boat trying to kill a stupid video - whose idea was this. Someone who clearly doesn't drive a boat with sunglasses.

sarahmurr101
Casual Listener

while they haven't made an offical solution, one work around I've done is go to my queue and remove all the videos from it. That way they won't interupt your music stream.

@spotify pls make an official solution though cause the videos eat up data, or even when you are on wifi they always lag and ruin the song 

nicholasbg

That is NOT a sollution.

Dlhnr

How could you call this issue solved?

Remove this asap!

Ljdro

That's not a solution. That's a problem. Fix the app that keeps crashing instead of adding more stuff that crases.. Don't you have a UX team? Did anybody think videos that are forced was a good idea in a music app?

WarpOs
Regular

Seriously, after 6 years asking for an option to select output device on windows, I got this:

C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe --enable-audio-graph

And now, with these stupid videos, they circumvent my settings and change the output devices (only when its a video) and start playing on the default, which are my speakers not my headset, and **bleep**s everything up. RE-MO-VE THIS GARBAGE.

For **bleep**s sake, if I want video, I go to youtube.

tower92

Thank you for this amazing solution! is spotify gonna pay for my megas? time to search for another app...

andismith

Not an acceptable solution

Cokronk
Regular

If I can’t turn videos off I’ll be canceling Spotify and going with Pandora. It’s dangerous having to make sure songs aren’t playing videos and then having to skip them while driving so that my data doesn’t get ate up.

atanasb
Casual Listener

You should correct that immediately. Either add a fairly obvious switch that allows to disable that or carry over the feature to a specific video section.

Mixing inline videos with song playlists breaks the flow of the app. I keep losing my track of where I am and what im currently doing. If I wanted a video app - I'd go to youtube - I don't want videos in spotify - and I don't want portrait videos. 

Please consider a redisgn immeditely. 

kplandes

It's not helpful at all. Video is expensive to stream, and I don't use Spotify for video in the first place. Add the ability to opt out of video or you'll lose this customer.

tmock12
Casual Listener

This is rediculous. So no way to turn off videos but when you are traveling and get the "We're not able to play this video is your current location" your music will just stop... why not just skip to the next song?!?!

Ubbe
Casual Listener

I travel often in my work. I like to listen to music but I dont want to see any videos.

Recently I got a message that I got a new rank.. What **bleep** is this? All this extra activities means you need more people, cost goes up and so on.

In the best of worlds I would like to download and use the 5-6 year old spotify. Easier and better if you just want to listen to music. It's time to look for something simpler with focus on music..

Release an old version spotify for music lovers over 50 years age... or something similar..

EngineerKevin

This is a terrible waste of bandwidth I wanted music. Time to CANCEL

DavidGrowth
Casual Listener

This is a bandwidth issue. I don't get any notification when a video starts. This means that my phone could be in my pocket playing videos and I won't know. What do you expect us to do? If I have to check eveytime a sing loads i won't be using Spotify. And how hard is it to add a disable option? If I'm playing a list, it could just skip thos songs. 

You're shooting yourself in the foot for no reason.

stirfry

How can you call this issue solved?

mynewplugbing
Composer

it isnt because it isnt seen as a issue by spotify only some users and not majority. 

RestrictedID
Regular

@mynewplugbing wrote:

it isnt because it isnt seen as a issue by spotify only some users and not majority. 

You're clearly on the wrong thread. This isn't up for debate. You are less than a minority in this thread, you are an singularity. Everyone in this thread wants the option to disable videos. Apparently that message as well as your comprehension of the usage of "their, there, and they're" is lost on you.

mynewplugbing
Composer

my bad bro i was just testing this out im new on here i apologize.

SimbaLage
Casual Listener

EXACTLY what the heck are they thinking? its a MUSIC service, not a video app.. Although with this its forced which makes me MAD

SUGGESTED POSTS