TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!
3 people liked this

Re: TURN VIDEOS OFF?

jonface
Casual Listener

Glad it's pay monthly, looking for an alternative to Spotify.

5 people liked this

atanasb
Casual Listener

Hi @Chris

This seems to be a quite a popular topic now. When the thread started you mentioned that we should weigh in and give our opinion. Lots of people have done it and the idea on the board has more than a thousand likes - making it one of the top ones currently. But even after the huge amount of people coming to complain no one from the Spotify team has given an update or at least commented on the matter.

Have your plans changed? Is Spotify planning to listen to the community or not really?

Thanks, 

2 people liked this

Cokronk
Regular

@atanasb unfortunately it looks like Spotify just cares about money and not the user. This is proven by @Chris marking this topic as answered and not revisiting it and by @Spotify nixing any new polls or topics on the issue of a lack of being able to disable videos. And not that this topic has a massive amount of comments compared to the user base, but overwhelmingly the sentiment is that the lack of an option is bad. 

The best way way to resolve this issue is to cancel our subscriptions and go with another provider. I think I’ll be doing that this week since there appears to be no movement on this. 

1 person liked this

jonface
Casual Listener

@Cokronk Would be interested in what other providers you are looking at. I assume it's ok to talk about competitors here as Spotify don't read this anyway.

Thanks

j1meh-p_sy87
Casual Listener

Clearly Spotify really doesn't listen to it's community.

Well, I guess if they dont care because they have enough money then they can count me out.

Goodbye Spotify, I have been a customer for 6 years, your bad.

Jay Z is about to get a few extra dollars in his pocket... 👍

2 people liked this

richardatkins

I agree with others here, this feature should be there. Adverts are distracting and pointless in my opinion, I did not register for streaming from MTV but for music, I dont want flashing rubbish in the corner of my screen.

Spotify seem to be ignoring their customers, ignorance that may cost them.

This original query is unresolved and still open.

1 person liked this

Cokronk
Regular

Well, I have Spotify plenty of time to actually care about their customers and at least reply to this. Goodbye Spotify, hello Apple Music! I’m canceling my account now. 

Brinklyr

This answer has not been solved. The question is how to turn off the videos... and you have no solution. I listen to spotify for the music... the videos disrupt my experience. Often when I'm listening it stops playing because the video isn't available.  Many users use this to LISTEN to music.. not for videos. At the very least we should have an option to turn off videos.

2 people liked this

tanakasan1734
Casual Listener

These videos are driving me mad and ruining the best feature of Spotify, the curated playlists. They caused distraction and break my concentration when working and listing to a large curated palylist on shuffle. I have asked spotify if they intent to address this issue and am yet to get a reponse. I have paid for premium for the better part of a decade and for the first time I am considering moving to another platform. They clearly have no interest in the Suggestion to block videos with over 2,000 votes.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Option-to-disable-Videos-in-curated-Playlists/idi-...

1 person liked this

Sandyleggs

how the **bleep** is this considered a solution?

SUGGESTED POSTS