TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!

Re: TURN VIDEOS OFF?

tanakasan1734
Casual Listener

No, they are still there - if anything there are more of the **bleep** things now - music on my mac keeps stuttering as my internet is patchy and the higher bandwidth requirement for video means it has to buffer.

Well done Spotify on creating a truley terrible user experience

Cjpl

This is JV, Spotify.  This is the real life equivalent of driving with a giant Fig Newtons sticker across your windshield.  Dangerous and inconvenient, but you’re getting paid for it...

philmillz

@Chris, could you please add this workaround to your "solution".

Workaround:

Since video's are not added to your custom playlist, you can select all the tracks (Mac: command + a; Windows: control + a) and drag them to your own playlist, and all the videos will not be added.

anvilsname
Casual Listener

@Kseibold1 wrote:

What kind of fu%!kwit distracts my driving and drains my MB and battery. wth is wrong with you people at Spotify.  I bought a “premium” service not a cheap non-configurable app. Listen to your customers and stop putting us at risk. Is there a legal suit here for endangerment??

Use Android Auto or Apple Carplay.  The Spotify integration works great, is easier to use as well as  read.  Still agree with the ability to turn off the videos, at the least if not using wifi.

Leo_Chen_zy

So how is this solved? Playing videos during my songs are very unsatisfying. I bet this is also very expensive for Spotify to make them. Maybe a button that will disable videos from auto-playing will be really useful.

booi
Casual Listener

Amazing. I came here looking for a switch or something that I missed in Settings only to find out that Spotify is literally forcing this down our throats. This is completely unacceptable. I didn't pay for this service because I wanted to see these ridiculously terrible "portrait mode" music videos. If I wanted terrible videos, I'd just use Youtube.

-vrv_nomy96ts

Spotify videos sucks!!!
We don't care about videos, we wanna listen music. Just stop putting this without our agreement.

BBB05

Looks like it's back to Pandora. Completely ruins the experience. If I wanted to watch videos and behind the scenes stuff I'd get onto YouTube. Poor choice Spotify.

pmcnano

Lol, the**bleep** thing about this thing is, that my Music stops playing all the time because "The video is not available in your current location".

So, I'm working and suddenly I noticed my music stopped again.

What kind of bs is this?

Skyweed

Make it optional! If I want to watch a music video I go to Youtube or something, what makes Stotify great is that it's just music - pure and simple. 

SUGGESTED POSTS