Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Technical Point of purchase Support?

Technical Point of purchase Support?

I am unable to purchase premium.  

I have tried for 2-3 days to contact someone at Spotify about it through 1) email 2) twitter 3) this board.

I have called Chase and they have assured me that the fault is with Spotify's system and that transactions are not getting to them.

3/16 - Original Contact Reciept from Spotify

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Here's what we got from you:
Type of user: Premium
Question: I keep getting a message indicating that there is a problem with my card.  I would like to know the specific error associated with my card so that I can 1) follow up with my credit card company 2) continue to follow up with Spotify
This message should be replied to (my email)

3/17 Response from Spotify

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us about getting messages from us about having a problem with your card. No worries, we'll get this sorted out for you in no time.

This email will be sent through if your Spotify payment didn’t go through on the usual renewal date. This can happen for a few reasons:

- Your payment card may have expired.
- There may not have been sufficient funds when the payment was attempted.
- A temporary connection error with your bank when the payment was due to be processed.

We’ll keep trying to take the payment over the next few days. If you’d like to change your payment details, just head ov

If anything else comes up, feel free to email us back.

Cheers,

Francesca

3/18 My Response

Francesca,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm actually attempting to be a first time premium customer.  I've been trying for several days to use a credit card that I believe to have none of the aforementioned issues.  I continue to receive the message below.  

I tried again tonight and am still unable to purchase.  I use this card for my audible, netflix, and other online subscriptions.  I will call Chase tomorrow and confirm that there are no issues on their end, and then I will follow up with you.  

Inline image 1

Thanks,

Anthony

3/18 Spotify's Response

Hey there Anthony,

Thanks for getting back to us. Since you’re trying to pay by card, please check the following requirements:

1. Make sure your card hasn’t expired.
2. Enable your card for online transactions (Verified by Mastercard for example).
3. The payment card’s country must match the country in your Spotify profile.
4. The card must be open for foreign purchases.
5. Some banks will require further security authentication, such as 3DSecure.

Once you have checked the above, try signing up again on your subscription

3/18 My Response

Francesca,

It now seems I'm getting form responses from you... Well, I called Chase, and they swore up and down that 1) my credit card was in perfect working order 2) My transaction never reached chase for approval.

Please advise,

-Anthony

4 Replies

Well, so far no help since 3/16 either through twitter, email or this... But I'm getting lots of silly badges for no reason so that's good. Is there anyway to interact with a customer service human being at Spotify?

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

If you have a case number from support, please post it here. (8 digit number)

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, sorry to hear you're still having trouble.

We'll be happy to look into this for you. As Matt says, just let us know your case number and we'll chase it up.

Thanks!
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts