Temporarily freeze song analysis

Solved!

Temporarily freeze song analysis

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Computer; Ipad Pro; Android Phone (I use all 3 with Spotify)

Operating System

(Windows 10; iOS 12.1.1; Android 8.0.0)

My Question or Issue

There are times when I want to listen to a certain genre, for instance late at night, but I don't want those songs affecting the Suggested lists or the Discover Weekly because I'm not interested in hearing them at other times. When I paint at night, I listen to a lot of ambient lo-fi stuff, but I don't want to have that playing during the day.

This is important because my Discover Weekly is curated quite well at this point and I like the suggestions it gives, and I don't want my nighttime listening to affect that since they're wildly different types of music.

Is there a way to temporarily pause the data gathering that Spotify automatically performs when listening to music? Like a blackout session that ignores what you're listening to until you start a new session for the purposes of altering your suggested songs?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @BobboZmuda.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can toggle Private Session on. This will hide your activity from other users and from the algorithm for up to 6 hours or until switched off/restarting Spotify. You can find more info about this here.

Happy listening, and painting! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hello BobboZMuda I have looked into this exstensively and at the moment I can not find any option that will allow you to turn off meta data other then possibly going offline but at that point it would defeat the purpose of streaming and you would be limited to pre downloaded songs.

I recommend writing into spotify, and reccomend your idea as a new option for them to integrate into spotify!

Cheers friend!

Marked as solution

Hey @BobboZmuda.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can toggle Private Session on. This will hide your activity from other users and from the algorithm for up to 6 hours or until switched off/restarting Spotify. You can find more info about this here.

Happy listening, and painting! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts