Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Facebook issue

The Facebook issue

My Question or Issue

Hi, I set up my Community account simply to say that tying the account to Facebook is a horrendous idea. I logged onto Spotify using Facebook before I was certain that I wanted to use it. I went to through the process of getting the University discount and signed up for Premium. Imagine my surprise when I tried to login without Facebook only to find out, after digging around for a bit, that I CANNOT extricate my account from that poison. I was also jubilant to see that, should I decide to make a new account, I would have to forfeit the discount for 12 months before requesting it again.

Now, on the one hand, it is fortunate that I requested this discount, so graciously provided by Spotify. That way I only wasted 50% of the cost of subscription. It is deeply appreciated. On the other hand, I had not seen such an incompetent account structure since... I'd never seen something so stupid, to be honest. I've never had an account kidnapped because I decided to login with another service.

I suppose I'm not demanding any action from Spotify, they set it up this way for a (horrible) reason, I suppose. I'll just enjoy the month I paid for and then cancel the account. Probably delete my Facebook, too. I'm sick of it.

1 Reply

Hello @Necuno,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for the steps you should take to use Spotify without Facebook.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts