Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Hulu x Spotify Deal

The Hulu x Spotify Deal

Hi! My mom recently purchased the Spotify x Hulu deal because she’s really wanted Hulu and she knew I wanted Premium. However, when she bought the deal she unintentionally created a new account that has Premium instead of linking my account to the deal. I’ve been using Spotify Free for awhile and have a lot of liked songs and playlists and would hate to have to start over again with a new account. Is it possible to change the Premium account in the Hulu deal to mine instead of the new one?

5 Replies

What method of payment was used on the new account?

Is the new account in a 30-day free trial?

No, this was not a 30 day trial. My mom used a Chase Sapphire.

I don't think you can transfer the subscription, or "move" the payment that your mom already made.

However, you do have two other options:

(1) Allow the premium subscription on the new account to expire, i.e., cancel the subscription so that the account converts back to free, and it will stop charging your mom's credit card. Then, use your mom's credit card to upgrade your account to premium.

OR

(2) You could try moving all your playlists from the free account to the premium account, following the instructions found here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/two-accounts-copying-playlists/td-p/26917

There's no way other than using the account created by your mom. You mentioned that there are playlists you loved to play, right? If that's the case, you can click on the playlist, click share, and then copy the link of that playlist.. otherwise, create a playlist, make it as "collaborative", then copy the link for your to locate it using your mom's account.

Hey there @jenkorkuc,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this!

If you connected Hulu to the wrong Spotify account, you can visit your services to deactivate your Hulu account from Spotify. You can then reactivate it using the correct account. You can find more info regarding this here.

On another note, if you have more than one accounts with us, you can also follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer to transfer your playlists, saved music and people you follow over to the account you wish to use. 

To avoid further confusion, you can then close any additional accounts you have by following the steps here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be happy to take another look if you have any questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts