Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Reset Password link in the email wont work

Solved!

The Reset Password link in the email wont work

I went onto spotify, and clicked the 'disconect from Facebook' feature which automatically logged me out. When I went to log in, I couldn't, so I pressed the 'forgot my pasword' link and it emailed me the usual email with a clickable link to reset the password. When I click the link it doesn't work. All I get is this message:

You have been logged out for security reasons, please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue.

So, now I am unable to log into Spotify or change my password to be able to log in. I am able to get onto my acount on the web, as it logs me in via the email link, but I can't change the password via that way as it asks for my old password. I also can't cancel my premium subscription as it asks for my password to cancel it or change payment methods.

So, now I have a spotify account that I can't stop payments nor use. This is frustrating. Any ideas? 

Thanks

JJ 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news everyone: the password reset links should be working again now.

So just head over to www.spotify.com/password-reset to request a new one as and when necessary.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@sacmagique wrote:

Hello. I am having the same problem as above. I have tried the password reset probably at least 20 times over the last two weeks and have still not recieved an email.

Thanks.

If you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form they will be able to help you reset that manually. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Same problem here.

I have the EXACT same problem! Doesn't anyone know what to do? Hotmail recently changed to Outlook, could it have something to do with that (at least in my case)? *Sighs*

Can't give any reasons why the interface change of Hotmail would be the cause, though I also use hotmail.

Would love to hear a solution as well.

Hi guys,

This shouldn't be the case. We're aware of the issue and we're looking into it. We'll keep you updated. 

Thanks for the info. Hope it is fixed soon.

Thanks in advance.
Marked as solution

Good news everyone: the password reset links should be working again now.

So just head over to www.spotify.com/password-reset to request a new one as and when necessary.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Thanks, I noticed!

Hi,

Passwrod reset link doesnt work for me. I get this message "Seems this took a while

You have been logged out for security reasons, please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue."

After which I try to clikc it again or order another password reset email but get this message instead "The username you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account."

Waiting a couple of minutes and I'm able to get the email again. Could this be a problem b/c i have two accounts?

I would like to get the username: Magicp removed and keep the other one.

Two reference numbers regarding this case logged in via web support form:

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0Nb9Wb:ref

#: 00609166 

Magicp - I'll send you an email right away.

It doesn't work here too. I had to register another account just to be able to post to this forum 😕

Richard, if it's possible - send me an e-mail and I will send you my original account details.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Deatheeron - I've just sent you a direct PM. With some more details I'm sure we can sort this out. 

Thanks Meredith a lot for helping me 🙂

No problem 🙂 Glad it's all sorted for you. 

Hello. I am having the same problem as above. I have tried the password reset probably at least 20 times over the last two weeks and have still not recieved an email.

Thanks.

Marked as solution

@sacmagique wrote:

Thanks.

If you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form they will be able to help you reset that manually. 

Peter

Peter

I have tried for 2 hours and can not reset my password as I have forgot my original therefor I wish to cancel my direct debit
Payments. [Snip-Email(privacy)-Peter]

Hey Shonagh 🙂 

Just to let you know I have removed your email address from your post, its best to keep those details private. 

If you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form someone will be able to assist you directly. If you get an automated email reply, just reply directly to it and that will ensure your case reaches an advisor as soon as possible. 

Peter

Peter

As above. Please help!!!

Shonagh

Hi Mrmuphry1 - Did you receive an automated message directly you back to the Community?

If so, please just reply directly to that email again. Your case will definitely reach one of our agents who can help. 

Suggested posts