Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account

Solved!

The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account

Hi

I am trying to upgrade my girlfriends account to Premium as she has just bought a Sonos device and wants to play Spotify through it.

So I tried to register her a new account and it said 'This email address is already registered to an account'... so she then remembered she had set up a free Spotify account some time ago but hasn't used it in ages - of course, she couldn't remember the password for this account so I tried to get a password reminder but when I do it says 'The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account'

So it's associated to an account, but the account's not active - so I'm stuck now! (Why do you need to flag the account as not active anyway?)

I emailed your support team about this several weeks ago now and we've heard NOTHING back - that's pretty shoddy IMO... do you want our business?

Can anyone help? I really don't want to set up a new email address for her as she struggles to read the one she's got to be honest - she's not very tech savvy - and it's problems like this that put her off even using tech - next she'll be asking me to set up a record player for her instead!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Lol 😉 nice last sentence!

i shall escalate this to the community team for you, do you have a case number? Also, make sure you have checked your spam boxes 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Devotee - We can't sort anything here, I'm afraid. Too many security details are needed.

Could you send us another email through the contact form? This time, if you receive an auto-response, please respond to it. As well as this, once you receive a case number, post it here. I'll then chase it up.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Hi

Yeah, Grace has been in touch and I think it's all sorted now... thanks.

Adam

Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I am going to edit out your email address just so you don't get spammed, best to keep those details private 😉 

If you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using this form they will be able to get that sorted for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Lol 😉 nice last sentence!

i shall escalate this to the community team for you, do you have a case number? Also, make sure you have checked your spam boxes 🙂

Marked as solution

Devotee - We can't sort anything here, I'm afraid. Too many security details are needed.

Could you send us another email through the contact form? This time, if you receive an auto-response, please respond to it. As well as this, once you receive a case number, post it here. I'll then chase it up.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Sam

Things have changed a bit since I last posted... not much for the better tho... if I go into the password reminder screen now it let's me put in a request and emails me a link to reset the password but even though I've done that I still can't log in with the new password!

I've submitted a new case the details of which are:

Spotify Case # 00574039: Reset password ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0NZVdP:ref‏

Cheers

Adam

Hi Adam,

It looks like my colleague, Grace, has been emailing you guys. Are you still having trouble?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

Hi

Yeah, Grace has been in touch and I think it's all sorted now... thanks.

Adam

i need help changing my email, the old one I can not get into. my new to help is [Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I am going to edit out your email address just so you don't get spammed, best to keep those details private 😉 

If you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using this form they will be able to get that sorted for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

I have the exact same problem and support isn't answering! Case # 01807482

@henrikrabit - How long ago did you get in touch and reply to the automated email?

Peter

3 days ago

Hi, I recently signed up for spotify premium. I logged out (by accident) and when i type in my email address it says its not associated with any account. But I have an email from spotify to say I had been activated or whatever. Can you help?

Suggested posts