Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The email that I used for my account is no longer associated to spotify?

Solved!

The email that I used for my account is no longer associated to spotify?

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Windows computer and Android LG phone

Operating System

Android and Windows 7

My Question or Issue

I can't log into my Spotify account and I don't know what to do.

My Spotify account is active, I have used it in the past two weeks or so and I used to use it everyday. However today when I opened up the Spotify app, my account wasn't on it and it just showed the log in page. I tried logging in but it said my email or password was incorrect but I'm pretty sure it's correct because I've recently logged on on a computer. When I clicked to reset my password it brought me to this page where I had to type in my email but it said the email I typed in wasn't associated with Spotify. I checked my email after that and I noticed Spotify sent me an email just over a week ago saying I had to update my Spotify password. I clicked the reset password button and the same thing happened, it said "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account".

I really want to get back on that account because I saved a lot of songs in my Like folder so please if anyone could help me that would be great! 

I also just created this account to post this since I couldn't log into my main account so the email for this account isn't the same email I used for my Spotify account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @charlotte19800,

thanks for following the steps i provided !

First of all, please make sure to remove your posted picture as it shows your private email address.

Second, in case non of the steps provided on the help page had helped, make sure to follow the steps provided under "Don't have access to your account's email address?" on that same support page.

In case you're led to the support team, please bear in mind that due to the current Covid-19 global situation, it might take them a bit more time to respond.

Thank you for your patience.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @charlotte19800,

thanks for reaching out !

Please visit this support page as it holds all info and steps needed in case you've either lost access to your account or had your email disconnected from it.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi @OneByBoo ! Thanks for replying so fast,

I clicked that link and I've followed all those steps but it didn't work. I checked my other emails to see if I linked them even though Spotify only send me emails from that one email. I tried connecting it with my facebook but i don't usually link my facebook to any accounts so that didn't work. I tried sending a password reset email but i could't even send it. 

Marked as solution

Hi @charlotte19800,

thanks for following the steps i provided !

First of all, please make sure to remove your posted picture as it shows your private email address.

Second, in case non of the steps provided on the help page had helped, make sure to follow the steps provided under "Don't have access to your account's email address?" on that same support page.

In case you're led to the support team, please bear in mind that due to the current Covid-19 global situation, it might take them a bit more time to respond.

Thank you for your patience.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts