Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The new spotify updates aren't appearing in my account

Solved!

The new spotify updates aren't appearing in my account

I don't get the new content from the most recent updates on Spotify, I don't even have the Canvas option (and I think this option has been available since a long time ago), neither the new aspect of the music player.

I tried creating a new account and it has all the new options, it had the new aspect, the Canvas and eveything; I also tried reinstalling the app and closing my session in all my devices, but no, my spotify looks the same.

The first image is from the acccount that I always use, and the second one is from the new account I just created.

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

1.jpg
2.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Adair1!

Thanks for your reply. It seems like you might be experiencing this Ongoing Issue. The right teams at Spotify have been notified. I'd recommend adding your vote + comments in the thread above to show you're also experiencing this.

On another note, since this is an account-related issue, you can transfer your music and playlists to the new account you created if you'd like to be able to use this feature. I'd recommend following this guide if you'd like to do so.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hello @Adair1!

Thanks for coming to the Community. Spotify is always testing and launching improvements and new features. This means your friends might see something on the app that you don’t, or get a new feature to try. I'd recommend keeping the Spotify updated to make sure you don't miss a thing.

Hope you have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks for the answer and the recommendation, but I always update my Spotify and anyway it seems that I have missed a lot of things.

Hello @Adair1!

Thanks for your reply. Focusing on the Canvas feature, can you let me know if you can see the Canvas setting in your Spotify app settings at all? Also, can you let me know which version of the Spotify app you have?

Keep me posted.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks for the answer, I just don't have the canvas option at all, and also, I already have turn off the Data Saver option, so I don't think that is the problem.

And my spotify version is the 8.8.4.518

Hope that helps to find a solution.

Screenshot_20230131_100255_Spotify.jpg
Marked as solution

Hello @Adair1!

Thanks for your reply. It seems like you might be experiencing this Ongoing Issue. The right teams at Spotify have been notified. I'd recommend adding your vote + comments in the thread above to show you're also experiencing this.

On another note, since this is an account-related issue, you can transfer your music and playlists to the new account you created if you'd like to be able to use this feature. I'd recommend following this guide if you'd like to do so.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Well, I hope the problem gets a solution soon, thanks for your help and for your time. 🙂

No worries, hope you have a nice day, if you have any other questions, I'll be...

https://open.spotify.com/track/7vqUr6K2Js9Paq4kdNSOm6

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey @Adair1,

We made some changes backstage and the Canvas feature should now be working again.

In case it isn't - delete your cached data and restart the app!
Let us know how it went 🙂
Thanks!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Vasil, I followed your advice and deleted the catched data, but it didn't worked, also tried reinstalling the app, but no, the canvas option isn't disponible for me.

Hey @Adair1

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying this. 

In this case, we suggest that you add your +Vote to the Ongoing issue @Jose_M sent previously. 

We'd also recommend keeping your app up to date. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts