Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

There are unknown people on my Family Account

There are unknown people on my Family Account

Hi,

For the couple of weeks I have been seeing other people which I have not added to my Family account. 

I remove them as a main user and change my password and log out from all devices but eventually it happens again and again after 2-3 days later. 

can you help me how I can manage it? 

thank you.

9 Replies

Hey @selcuka

Be sure to check this Support article.

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges to this new account.

Connected devices stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That**bleep**. I'm not making a new email address. Fix the problem. This is an urgent issue. It has been happening to me daily. When I kick the unknown users off, new ones just come up the next day. FIX. THE. ISSUE.

Hey @StealthKK, and @selcuka,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I would agree on taking the suggestion @osornios, has recommend you. Create a new account. New Email account. Also, I would recommend you before creating a new Spotify Account, is to close your current account. Closing your account will permanently remove members that you have not added to the Family account. I know it can be frustrating but this might be your only chance. Hope this helps.

Have a great day.

It’s happening to me as well...

a guy I’ve never heard of is on my list and I think Spotify should add a remove profile in followers list.

telling us to start new emails to fix this issue is **bleep**.

it’s their software and app.

fix it.

Agreed!
I’m having the same issue.

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

You can start off by giving these steps a go. That way you can manage the subaccounts. Then you can check this article. There are also steps on how to sign out from everywhere.

If this persists, you can try these steps so you can make sure your account is secured.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is happening to me also. I've changed passwords multiple times and logged out everywhere but new users keep appearing. My account is not connected to Facebook. This is a well known issue on Reddit. Why is it not fixed?

Hey there @collisba,

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

In this case the best solution will be to head here and contact our support team. The folks there can investigate this further and give you more information about it.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Wow. That's strange Maybe it could be a Glitch or somebody got in for more ways to protect your account go to Spotify 

Suggested posts