Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

There is literally NOWHERE to change password on Spotify Account page

Solved!

There is literally NOWHERE to change password on Spotify Account page

1) There isn't a single place to change my password (I do KNOW it) on the Spotify account page.

2) https://www.spotify.com/account/change-password/  REDIRECTS to the account page which again, there is NO OPTION ANYWHERE to change or UPDATE my password

3) My account was accessed somehow and someone added 2 more individuals to my plan and I'm about to get charged DOUBLE ($29.99) for people I don't even know

4) I can't change my password, so they can freely access my FREAKING account however much they want

5) I can log into my account through Facebook OR THROUGH email and password

6) This is a PROBLEM because I CANNOT. RESET. MY. PASSWORD. using the RESET OPTION because it tells me to CHANGE MY FACEBOOK PASSWORD. THE HACKER ISN'T LOGGING IN THROUGH FACEBOOK THOUGH. HE'S LOGGING IN THROUGH SPOTIFY CREDENTIALS TO THE EXACT SAME ACCOUNT THAT MY FACEBOOK IS ALSO LINKED TO

7) It's a HUGE circle of problems: Account is compromised -> Try to change password -> Click change password link (can only find through googling btw) -> Get redirected to account page -> look around for password change -> there is none -> google reset password -> click reset password -> tells me CAN'T RESET BECAUSE OF FACEBOOK -> I'M NEVER LOGGING IN THROUGH FACEBOOK

😎 Impossible to change my plan. Same exact crap. Click on "My Plan" and there is ZERO OPTION to remove these extra people added to the plan and there is ZERO OPTION to get rid of this family plan of FOUR PEOPLE (I only had me and my wife initially)

This website is so counterintuitive it's unbelievable. I'm about to completely delete my account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @thesanealien

Sorry to hear that,

Here is the link for your convenience: https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/change-password/

Thanks

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @thesanealien,

I am really sorry to hear this, if your account has been compromised then you need to contact Spotify support as soon as possible.

However before doing this, clear your browsers cache and attempt to reset your password in incoginto mode/private browsing mode. Sometimes that does help. If this does work for you, then go to your account overview, and click "sign me out everywhere". Then change your password. If this doesnt work, please contact Spotify directly using this link: 

https://support.spotify.com/bg/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Please ensure that you aren't logged into any other Spotify account as this will confuse the system and will assume you are seeking help for a different (unaffected account)

Once you have sent your support request off, reply to their "no-reply" email for a faster response. They normally respond within 48 hours approx.

Please keep me in the loop with your process.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

You aren't understanding the issue @superwisdom. Don't reply to this until you actually go to spotify.com, click on Account, and understand what I'm saying. There ISN'T A WAY TO CHANGE OR UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD

ANYWHERE

on 

the

spotify website

.....NOWHERE

go see for yourself. Perhaps it was removed by the same people that hacked the spotify server and exposed my information online, but there IS NOT A WAY to change your password

please go try it for yourself

Screenshot 2016-05-08 20.56.24.png

That change password link was NEVER on the side menu during all of this fiasco. Had it been I wouldn't have made this topic.
Marked as solution

Hey @thesanealien

Sorry to hear that,

Here is the link for your convenience: https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/change-password/

Thanks

Suggested posts