Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

These constant software updates...

These constant software updates...

Although paying for a premium service I am subject to endure a waiting period while starting up the client, due to software upgrades. I have through preferences/settings no means to turn automatic updates off.

This is by no means acceptable. I don´t see why customers of this service should ever have to wait because of software updates, as I would never accept that from a "MP3-software" filling the same function as your service. If you for some reason would need to upgrade the software, that should be done in a way that don¨t interferes with the user experience. That means:

1) Silent in background

2) Silent in background+implemented while turning Spotify off

Requiring a waiting period while starting Spoitify up is an absurdity which falls short in performance in comparison to locally stored music files.

2 Replies

Hey Novice.

I've noticed similar updates recently when starting Spotify. However, mine are very quick and takes no more than 45 seconds. Are your updates taking longer than that? 

-Grayson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST

Hi Grayson,

my impression is that it varies with my connection speed. Normally it takes something like you describe but sometimes longer.

Still, Spotify is the only software I run where I have not been able to turn off updates. That seems weird to me.

In the bottom line, client updates does not provide any additional value for me so I would rather see that they never (seldom) updated the software, if they can't make it silently in the background or while turning off (but with option to quickly turn off).

Suggested posts