Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

They're on their own...but

Solved!

They're on their own...but

OK, I jumped on board with the Family Plan but now I need some additional help. My husband, son and I all have music folders that are all in my phone because I had the original account. Once they accepted the request to be part of this Family Plan I shared their extensive music folders with them. Can I now delete them (their folders) from my phone? Maybe I missed that part somewhere in just how easy all of this Family Plan information 😁
Kathy

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Gthatsme03,

Each family member has to have their own account (with their username and password) with separate libraries, playlists and friends.

They need to copy the contents of your shared music folders to a different, made by themselves, folder in their accounts. Once they've done that, you'll be able to remove them from your account, as they'll be gone for good.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Gthatsme03,

Each family member has to have their own account (with their username and password) with separate libraries, playlists and friends.

They need to copy the contents of your shared music folders to a different, made by themselves, folder in their accounts. Once they've done that, you'll be able to remove them from your account, as they'll be gone for good.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Just to clarify...my son had a folder on my phone and I tapped on it and hit "share" and sent it to him in a message. Once he opens it and saves it to his Spotify account I can delete it from my phone and I cause him to also see it disappear on his end?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Kathy

Yes, the share will disappear in his end, because you're the owner. He needs to copy the music into a folder, or playlist made by himself, in which he's the owner.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts