Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This makes me mad..

This makes me mad..

My Question is when I just sign up for Spotify I Chose my user name to be Michael Lamberson everything went smooth the went to my account settings the user name is 9l04ryy26q6wm082mwu6fot02 What is this garbage. What can I do about this?  Thanks for your thoughts!

3 Replies

Hi Micheal, have you connected a social media account to your Spotify? Your problem is probably a common glitch were it switches your account name to numbers. If it is, try disconnect and reconnecting your social media. 

SOURCE: https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/axx2wf/spotify_name_changed_to_numbers/

No, I don't any social media account connected just an email. Thank You! 

Hey there,

Welcome to the Community!

No worries, you don't need to remember this long username of numbers and letters in order to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you'll be prompted to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There’s no limitations to a profile name, so you can choose any you like 🙂 However, it’s not possible to log in with that profile name you've picked.

For more info, you can check this support site article.

Hope this helps!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts