Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This song is not available. If you have the file on your comptuter you can import it

This song is not available. If you have the file on your comptuter you can import it

Whether its in the 'Your Music' category or its on the 'Main' category the "This song is not available. If you have the file on your comptuter you can import it." popup shows itself. I have used spotify for a long time and this now randomly happens. All photos/album covers etc are showing, but every time I press play it just stops instantly and shows the error sign.

I am paying for a subscription and its been 4 days that my computer cannot play any music from spotify. It obviously works on my phone so there is a clear problem with my desktop and spotify. I need this to be resolved because this is clearly not worth paying for if I have to constantly fix problems. 

SPOTIFY.png
2 Replies

Hi Daroon. Sorry you've been having trouble listening to your music. Since the issue is only associated with your desktop, I would recommend starting out by uninstalling the application from your computer and then doing a clean install. If you've already tried that, I've done some digging and this thread might be of help. If you try all that and are still having problems, please let me know! 

Hi Daroon

I think it's a problem of the sound output device you're using... disabling the hardware acceleration for the speakers in the "sound" section of the control panel should resolve the issue (Windows will ask you to disable it as soon as you open the window).

Hope this helped!

Suggested posts