Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Time Limit

Time Limit

Hi,

Spotify keeps telling me that I've used up my 10 hours monthly time limit, yet this is simply not the case.

Is there a bug?

Thanks,

HC

5 Replies

Hello HC. Thanks for your question. The 10 hours per month is split into 2.5 hours each week, so this will reset soon for you.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for that - however, I only started my listening again yestrday as I had reached my limit last week and so this week I'm not sure that I've listened to 2.5 hours worth? Does it include time spent logged into Spotify or just time spent streaming music? Are ads included? Spotify ads are quite long and come in twos!

HC

@hippycat wrote:

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for that - however, I only started my listening again yestrday as I had reached my limit last week and so this week I'm not sure that I've listened to 2.5 hours worth? Does it include time spent logged into Spotify or just time spent streaming music? Are ads included? Spotify ads are quite long and come in twos!

HC

Hey 🙂 

It should only count streaming time for tracks, which does not include adverts or local files. 

If you are not getting your 2.5 hours per week, is it possible someone else is using your account? If you think that might be the case, change your password and then drop a post on this topic and the staff will log you out of all sessions. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your mail. I'm not sure that anyone else can use my account, altough there are three of us sharing this internet connection. If they were streaming Spotify from the same internet wi fi would that make it seem as if I were doing it?

I'll change my password and see if that helps.

Thanks again.

HC

Shouldn't do, since play time will be tied to your Spotify username. 

Give it a go for another week, and if you don't get your 2.5 hours be sure to let us know!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts