Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Totally unhelpful help section!

Totally unhelpful help section!

Somebody n my family is getting the...

Spotify has paused because your account is in use somewhere else.

Error!

Spotify help suggests that this is because accounts can be accessed from multuple devices and a bug is causing the error. It suggests what to do if you think your account is being accessed on another device without your knowledge but.....

Stupidly.....

It doesn't tell you what to do about the bug!!!!!!!!

We know our accounts are not being accessed elsewhere so.... How do we go about bypassing the bug..... Which no other online service suffers from by the way, only Spotify. 

6 Replies

Hey there,

Sorry about that - it seems there was a temporary error on our systems which caused that error message to come up. It was just a bug though and it should be fixed now.

So don't worry about anyone else having accessed your account - just our mistake this time.

Apologies again for the interruption to your listening.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Excellent... Thanks for the very quick reply. It was a little frustrating. OVerall I think Spotify is a brilliant idea so thanks for all your hard work..

Just getting the same error the last 2 days .. getting annoying now.... Is this bug still there Spotify people..

If you're still getting this message, it might actually be because your account is being used elsewhere. Might that be the case?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Nope... I have it on my pc , my android and my ipad ... All devices were with me and unUsed ...

Well just to be extra sure, please try logging out of Spotify entirely on all your devices.

Then give a password reset a go at www.spotify.com/password-reset

Hopefully this will get rid of the notification.

Suggested posts