Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transfer Artist Stats Playlist When moving distributors?

Solved!

Transfer Artist Stats Playlist When moving distributors?

Hey all!

My band recently got signed by a label, their plan is to remove our music through our distributor and re-release under theirs. Is anyone aware if our artist page will retain play data / playlist adds /ect.? Is there a way we could retain this information?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @morewaffles,

Thanks for reaching out. The Tracklinking feature can help with this.

Here's some info regarding track linking:

Tracklinking is specifically designed to provide a better user experience by removing duplicate tracks from the charts section, popular tracks section, and avoiding gaps in playlists due to territorial availability. Tracks that are linked will subsequently share a play count.

Tracklinking is never 100% guaranteed. When attempting to tracklink two versions of a recording, the metadata should be as identical as possible (i.e. duration, title, version, artist, ISRC), and the audio used should be the exact same. Chances of tracklinking are decreased with each differing piece of metadata between the two recordings. New audio fingerprints create new Spotify recording groups, which have a unique play count. This is calculated for each different recording of a composition.

To ensure there is no disruption in service please ensure all replacement content is:

1. Exactly the same as the initial delivery in regards to track audio, ISRC, product type (single/album) and metadata to encourage tracklinking.
  2. Delivered at least 5 business days in advance of the set live date.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @morewaffles,

Thanks for reaching out. The Tracklinking feature can help with this.

Here's some info regarding track linking:

Tracklinking is specifically designed to provide a better user experience by removing duplicate tracks from the charts section, popular tracks section, and avoiding gaps in playlists due to territorial availability. Tracks that are linked will subsequently share a play count.

Tracklinking is never 100% guaranteed. When attempting to tracklink two versions of a recording, the metadata should be as identical as possible (i.e. duration, title, version, artist, ISRC), and the audio used should be the exact same. Chances of tracklinking are decreased with each differing piece of metadata between the two recordings. New audio fingerprints create new Spotify recording groups, which have a unique play count. This is calculated for each different recording of a composition.

To ensure there is no disruption in service please ensure all replacement content is:

1. Exactly the same as the initial delivery in regards to track audio, ISRC, product type (single/album) and metadata to encourage tracklinking.
  2. Delivered at least 5 business days in advance of the set live date.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts