Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transfer music listening data to another account

Solved!

Transfer music listening data to another account

My dad have been using my Spotify (premium) account for a couple years and he recently decided to register his own account. However he wants all the music he collected these years on my account be transferred to his new account. Is this transfer possible? Is there anyway to send these data?

Note: I'm not talking about the "share playlist" function. I mean complete ownership in his account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @theDocileWolf,

thanks for posting in the community !

Unfortunatley this transfer action seems unavailable.

Don't give up just yet, from old times experience with the Spotify support team, they can do some marvelous thing 😃

Reach out to the support team through this form and have them answer your question properly.

Good Luck !

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @theDocileWolf.

There is something you can try though!

You can put all your fathers music in one or more public playlists. Your father can then 'visit' your account and drag all the songs he wants from those playlists into his own personal playlists. When he's done with this, you can go ahead and remove the songs the grabbed from your account. Or keep them if you'd like to listen to those.

Note that it's quite easy to do this on a computer as you can open any playlist and hit Ctrl (Cmd on mac) + A and then drag and drop the whole selection into a different playlist. Pretty neat, right?

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @theDocileWolf,

thanks for posting in the community !

Unfortunatley this transfer action seems unavailable.

Don't give up just yet, from old times experience with the Spotify support team, they can do some marvelous thing 😃

Reach out to the support team through this form and have them answer your question properly.

Good Luck !

Ok, thank you

Marked as solution

Hey @theDocileWolf.

There is something you can try though!

You can put all your fathers music in one or more public playlists. Your father can then 'visit' your account and drag all the songs he wants from those playlists into his own personal playlists. When he's done with this, you can go ahead and remove the songs the grabbed from your account. Or keep them if you'd like to listen to those.

Note that it's quite easy to do this on a computer as you can open any playlist and hit Ctrl (Cmd on mac) + A and then drag and drop the whole selection into a different playlist. Pretty neat, right?

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts