Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transfer of Playlist Ownership/Duplicating Playlists to new account

Solved!

Transfer of Playlist Ownership/Duplicating Playlists to new account

I wanted to change the username on my account, but I can't do that so I've had to set up a new account. 

I have a bunch of playlists on my old account and want to transfer them to the new account. I've tried to create duplicates using methods previously posted, but none of them work in the way I want them to. 

Firstly, creating folders with the playlist URL on my hard drive and then dragging them into Spotify on the new account doesn't work on Mac, and when I try to CMD+A songs from the playlist into the new one, the order of the playlists is not copied. 

What I want is for the most recent song added to the original playlist to be the most recent song when ordered by date in the new playlist. What it is actually doing is showing the songs in the right order when no sorting option is selected, but when you sort by date added, it shows the playlist in alphabetical order by album name. 

Is there any way that I can duplicate my playlists to the new account while maintaining the added order of the songs? The dates do not need to be accurate, but the order does!

Thanks in advance 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So, after a little more digging, turns out there's a very easy solution to this.

All you need to do is start a webchat with Spotify and verify who you are, and ask them to transfer your playlists to your new account. This will include profile followers, playlist followers and date added information. Took 5 minutes.

Hopefully this will help everyone who struggled to find an answer!! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

To so you have 2 options, one is to drag and drop them all on your desktop and drag them back to the new account 🙂

Or you can make all the playlists public in your old account then you can get them in your new account 🙂

Hope this helps!

I did try to do the first option but it won't let me drag the files back into spotify. is it different on a mac?

Hey @user-removed,

Yes it seems that it doesn't work on macOS, I've tested it on Windows and it does.

You can go with the second option in this case if you don't have access to a Windows machine 🙂

Hi,

I have just tried the first option using a windows machine and I get the same result as when using my mac. It does allow me to copy the tracks from one playlist to another, but the order is wrong. 

What I need is for the songs to be added to the new playlists on the new account in the same order that they were added to the original playlists on the old account. 

I thought using the windows method would work for this, but it does not. 

Any suggestions?

Marked as solution

So, after a little more digging, turns out there's a very easy solution to this.

All you need to do is start a webchat with Spotify and verify who you are, and ask them to transfer your playlists to your new account. This will include profile followers, playlist followers and date added information. Took 5 minutes.

Hopefully this will help everyone who struggled to find an answer!! 

Hey, having trouble with trying to move a playlist I’ve built up. Does it keep the followers and everything? Just put so much work in getting people following my folk playlist which has some of my tracks on it and I really don’t want to lose that 😞 

Thank you. This worked very quickly! 

Suggested posts