Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transferring playlist from old account to the new one

Solved!

Transferring playlist from old account to the new one

My Question or Issue

Hey guys,

got tired of my username, but you can´t just change the name. so i created a new account, but i want to keep my playlists (some a few years old but still good).

is there some way to transfer the playlists (i created especially)  from my old account to my new one?

When i just follow the playlist, i cannot edit them. So is there a way to transfer them?

Greets and thanks,

Redy

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @user-removed!

Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

However, if you still want to create a new account, you can follow your old playlists and then set them to "colaborative mode" so you can edit them. You can learn how to set them to colaborative mode here.

I hope this helped. Make sure to ask any other questions. Also, you can "Accept as a solution" to help other users find the answer to this.

Feel free to write back and happy listening, Jose 😉

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello @user-removed!

Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

However, if you still want to create a new account, you can follow your old playlists and then set them to "colaborative mode" so you can edit them. You can learn how to set them to colaborative mode here.

I hope this helped. Make sure to ask any other questions. Also, you can "Accept as a solution" to help other users find the answer to this.

Feel free to write back and happy listening, Jose 😉

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts