Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Traveling situation, premium? offline? questions, thanks

Solved!

Traveling situation, premium? offline? questions, thanks

hi, currently have Unlimited subscription (in uk). 

Going to America for a vacation. 

I dont think I will have much of a Data plan on my mobile phone. 

Would be really cool to have access to spotify on my mobile in USA. 

Checked the other day, said Premium was free for 30 days, cant see that now. 

Anyway, is this possible: I upgrade to Premium for 1 month, put spotify app on my iphone (3GS), using free wi fi internet connection (here in uk or in usa), i choose whatever music i want to be available "offline", then when i am driving, i have access to those songs without having a data plan on my phone. Would that work? 

thankyou

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes that would work 🙂 

Once you have upgraded to premium, you can sync up to 3,333 tracks to your device for offline mode, then you can listen to those without an internet connection for up to 30 days. The application requires you connect at least once every 30 days to verify your subscription is still active, so if you don't connect on the 30th day you will loose access to those tracks until you go online again (with premium active). 

Also sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as far as I am aware if you have unlimited you don't qualify for the 30 day premium trial.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Yes that would work 🙂 

Once you have upgraded to premium, you can sync up to 3,333 tracks to your device for offline mode, then you can listen to those without an internet connection for up to 30 days. The application requires you connect at least once every 30 days to verify your subscription is still active, so if you don't connect on the 30th day you will loose access to those tracks until you go online again (with premium active). 

Also sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as far as I am aware if you have unlimited you don't qualify for the 30 day premium trial.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thankyou, all working out fine. 

Suggested posts