Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Travelling without losing my Premium account

Travelling without losing my Premium account

Hello,

I have a Spotify Premium account associated to my cellphone company in Canada. I'm leaving the country for a couple of months, and will cancel my line. That being said, the company (Fido) told me that I would lose my Spotify account if I put my line on hold. Obviously, I'm addicted to Spotify (who isn't lol) and would love to keep my access while traveling in India. Is there any way that my problem could be fixed?

Thank you,

Laurence

3 Replies

Hello @LaurenceLL, welcome to the Spotify Community!

My sugestion is that you cancel your current Premium Plan and then resubscribe through Spotify website.

Be aware that if you cancel, you'll still keep your Premium Plan for the remaining days. You can check the date here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the warm welcoming lol !

At the moment, I'm not paying for Spotify Premium, it's directly related to my phone company. That privilege is expiring on November 7th. If I unsubscribe, and resubscribe directly on spotify.com, will I still be enjoying that free trial? Also, will my music, playlists, etc. will automatically be transfered to my new account?

Thanks again 😉

I don't think you'll be eligible for the free trial, since you've already tried Premium 🙂

But your account will be the same, no need to transfer anything. You'll just revert your plan to Free and then subscribe directly through Spotify and become Premium again.

Pretty simple!

You can also create a new (second) account from scratch, without cancelling your current one, just to use while abroad. Then you can enjoy the trial Premium.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts