Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tricky question envolving Countries

Tricky question envolving Countries

Hey!

So basically I have a kind of a tricky question here.

My current Spotify (Premium without active subscription) account is set to my home country (Portugal).

I do not like all the Portuguese suggestions and playlists that appear on my home page at all.

First I thought the best idea would be to change my account to an English country like the USA or England, but then I realized it won't work because I'm not at those countries and apparently the account only works inside the country you're in, because your IP address and stuff.

Is there any way for me to make my home page behave as if I were from an English country (therefore, only suggesting English songs), without changing the country that is currently set on my account?

Thanks!

Annie

2 Replies

Your country depends on your payment method. If your card is from US your account will be from there. I pay with US card and I'm in El Salvador right now and have no issues.

Yes, your country has to be set to the one you are living in.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you. They mighe be able to answer your question better than another user can.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts