Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tried resetting my password and I still cant login.

Solved!

Tried resetting my password and I still cant login.

I've tried many times to reset my password but this feature on the website doesn't seem to work. It's very frustrating - I'm paying for a service that I can't use.

I've sent support tickets but not had anything back.

These are the steps I did:

1. Went to this URL in Chrome and Safari on Mac: https://www.spotify.com/uk/password-reset/

2. Filled in my email and submitted the form

3. Got the reset email - clicked the link

4. Chose a new password - submitted the form

5. Get password changed form. Website shows I am logged in

6. Look at my account details - these are incorrect as it says I have a Free account but actually I have a Premium account

7. Try to login to the Spotify Mac client - error message says 'Login Failed'

8. Flip back to the browser and click 'Logout'

9. Try to login using the password I used in step 4. Error message is 'Incorrect username or password'

Using normal login and not Facebook.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there-- Welcome to the Community. 

So I believe the reason you're having trouble is you've got two accounts on our system. One is a free account with username "ltkavangh" while the other is your Premium account with the username "ltkavanagh".

Not to worry--I've got an email on it's way to you with some more details. 

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there-- Welcome to the Community. 

So I believe the reason you're having trouble is you've got two accounts on our system. One is a free account with username "ltkavangh" while the other is your Premium account with the username "ltkavanagh".

Not to worry--I've got an email on it's way to you with some more details. 

Hello i have the same trouble  login failed keep changing password says login. Started it all on my phone first then tryed lap top nowwont work on both? Sure gladididnt pay for this up front e mailed support no reply  can you help?

Hi mojo1 - I can't find a case from you. Did you receive a confirmation email after filling in the contact form?

First please try using this password reset link and entering your username 'mojo-1': https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

If you're still having an issue let us know the error code/ message. 

Hello thanks for e mail. I used the link you sent (same as i tryed many times) Gets me to password reset i do that says "sweet your password has now been set and you are logged in" It shows i am logged in but cant go any where with it. Then i try on my phone or lap top again there are no codes just says Login Failed  Thank s 

OK, no worries. I'm sure we can help here. 

However right now I can't find an open case with your email. If you could fill out the contact form again we can help via email. 

I think its working thanks for your help

I dont remember my password, and when i click the link Forgot Password? nothing happens...

I suggest you submit an online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into this for you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

I have reset my password and paid for spotify, I think I may have even paid twice- however it tells my password is incorrect. Im100% sure I am entering tthe right information because i have reset the password like 3 times. I also signed up for a free download, but it wouldnt even let me sign into that! I just downloaded premium today and I still cant get it to work

I can't even log in at all. It wont accept my facebook login saying "Invalid username or password" and when I tried sending my email address a reset code there was no message on my email. I have had spotify for years and have never had this problem.

Hello, I have the same problem. I am trying to change my password, I receive the email from spotify with the link to change the password. When I enter my new one, I always have this error message : «Désolé, votre formulaire a expiré. Veuillez réessayer.»

Thanks for your help.

My login no longer works. When I try to reset password the link I am sent tells me the form has expired. I am paying for the premium service and can't use it. The fact there is no help number for a company of this size is a disgrace. HELLO SPOTIFY is there any chance I can access the service I am being charged for?

I have the same problem. It will not log in to my premium or free account.

I've had this same issue but I only have a free account so I don't have two accounts. I've tried resetting my password multiple times and it says it's successful and has me logged in on the website, but in the iPhone app when I type in the new password it says my login details are incorrect.

I'm having the exact same issue. I have tried to reset my password several times and when I go to log into the app it tells me my details are incorrect. I'm being charged but I can't get access to my account. Help please!

I have the same problem .. Spotify was logged in before in my phone and tablet but i didn't use it recently and it got logged out on its own ...so i tried to loggin but it shows password is incorrect or it will take longer time to load and shows something went wrong..i tried to change the password several times.. and tried to login but i couldn't login and i tried to login through without no password... But it sends a link when i open it it goes to Spotify and shows that it will be loading... But it will take long time and show link is expired but it will be not .. in the link it shows it will expire in 4hrs but when i open it , it will show it has expired  i have tried it too many times to loggin but i can't login even though my password and wifi is correct and i have tried to login in Google but it is so easy there it will login without any problem but in app i have many problems and i can't loggin ... I have re installed it many times !! I can't login and i have restarted my phone and tablet also !!

Hey @Chinmayisn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

Can you try opening the link you received in your mail in an incognito/private window on a different device? 

Please note that errors might happen if you've put in too many requests in the system. You might need to wait a little bit before entering your info in Password reset link again. 

Would you mind also trying with a different network connection to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it. 

You can have a look at this support article for more helpful tips as well.

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts