Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble changing country

Trouble changing country

Was living in the USA, but have moved to Australia. I updated payment details via the changing country link provided in the Spotify help section. 

However, when I updated my payment details for my Spotify Premium account using my Australian card, the link took to me to a page which had Spotify Family advertising, as well as where to enter in my cc details. I tried a couple of times to see if this Spotify Family page would change, however it didn't. After entering in my details, the next page indicated I had signed up to Spotify Family. 

I was able to change this back to premium, however I don't think this web algorithm or setting is right - it seems to be intentially signing people up to the more expensive service, without offering options or automatically updating to the other service used in the user's previous country. I believe I won't be charged the $17 after having changed it back, however it is sneaky. 

I am also having trouble changing my country location in my profile. I enter in my Australian postcode, with 'Australia' being the country already selected. However, when I click update, it says my post code is invalid with the country. 

Thank you

1 Reply

Hi @rachlouisethoma,

Welcome to the Spotify Community, we're glad to see you're part of the band.

Don't worry, our Accounts team can take a closer look at this. You can get in touch with them from any of our social media help sites: @SpotifyCares  on Twitter and SpotifyCares on Facebook, just send them a private message with your account's email address and username. You can also use our Contact Form to get email support.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again.

Our best,

Suggested posts