Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble closing my account

Trouble closing my account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I am having trouble closing my account and when I receive an email to confirm closing there is no button to click to confirm to closed my account  closure, what else is there I can try do to remove myself from Spotify, or am I doing something wrong  

2 Replies

Hey there,

Now I just tried this out for you, and on the confirmation mail you receive, there should be a green button saying "Close Account" (Or something like that). If you click that button and nothing happens, the link might not work. What you will want to do is that you right-click on the button and select to copy the link.

If your button doesn't appear at all for some reason, the mail is probably in the spam folder and you're gonna have to move it out of there, as your mail software might block the button.

I hope this helped, and if it did, please press "Accept as solution".

Have a great day and tell me if it still doesn't work.

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Make sure you try first what @PrettyMuchSwiss suggested as this usually tends to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. 

If you still don't see it, try in a private/incognito window as well. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. It's also a good idea to try again in a different kind of browser.  

Then just access your inbox in the private window, open the mail you received from Spotify and check if you see the button now. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts