Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble with PS4 App

Trouble with PS4 App

My roommate signed in to Spotify on my PS4, and now I am unable to log him out and sign into my premium Spotify account on my PS4. He has tried the log out of all devices but that did not log him out of my PS4. I have uninstall and reinstall the app and he is still logged in. I called Sony but support told me they can not log him out, only Spotify can by unlinking his account???

2 Replies

Hello!

The Spotify FAQ says:

I linked my Spotify account to someone else’s PlayStationNetwork.  How do I disconnect the link?

Please ask the other person to log out your Spotify account. Spotify Sign Out Everywhere will not sign you out of PlayStation.

I know this doesn't help much, but this means that there should be a log out button somewhere inside the app. I don't own a PlayStation, so I investigated, but I can't seem to find any article that mentions if the app has a log out button or not.

Try searching again to verify if there isn't any button to log out.

If there's no button, then (from what I've read), you will need to contact Support so they can help you.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Ps. I'll create an Idea submission due to the lack of help in this issue. Many people have this problem and I can't believe there's no real solution. Only some PS3 users were able to fix this problem.

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

There's no buttons at all, just shows the supscription info, which has now ended, but can't be removed. I contacted Spotify who says to contact Sony since it's through Music Unlimited via PS4, who I called and they want to know if my PS4 was iPhone or Android?? I said I'm calling about my PS4 being I connected with a PS4 agent... LOL... they said they can't unlink it but can see it, only Spotify can, but then Spotify says Sony has to do it. Guess I will just cancel my premium since I can't use it anymore being no support can help. 😞

Suggested posts