Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble with accounts.

Trouble with accounts.

So, I'm having a really bad time trying to organize my Spotify accounts (yeah, plural... just found out i had more than one).

Long story short:
- I use my Google email to log into my main Spotify account and i'ts all good with this one. BUT i want to change the email to my primary email (which is not the Google one), however my primary email is the same that i use on Facebook, that's where it gets tricky because apparently i also have an Spotify account connected to my Facebook;

- I cannot log into Spotify using my Facebook account either on the web app or on the mobile app (using Android here). What happens is:
> Web: The screen just shakes and i cannot do anything else;
> Mobile app: It shows the message "You appear to be trying to log into Spotify from a different country". It's kinda impossible since i created my account in Rio de Janeiro, BR, and i'm still here.

In the end what i want to do is three things:
1. Delete this facebook-connected-to-Spotify account;
2. Change my primary Spotify account email;
3. Connect THIS primary account to my Facebook;

HOW do I do that?

tl;dr: Cannot log into Spotify using Facebook and delete this one, therefore cannot change the email of my primary account because thats the email i use on Facebook.

Hoping to solve this issue soon 😉
4 Replies

Hi @julianasouza_s! Well that's a bit of a mess. Good news is you already know what the issue is. Better news is taking care of it will be simple. You'll want to reach out to support and just tell them the same thing. From there they should be able to delete the extra account and get everything sorted out for you.

Support can be reached one of three ways: through the online contact form; on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares; or by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page. Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets support is currently handling.

In regards to the contact form, upon filling it out you should receive a confirmation email, usually a generic message containing the information you provided and instructions to visit these forums. If after 24 hours you do not hear back from a support team member, please reply directly back to the confirmation email, even if it originates from a no-reply address. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please check your spam folder. If it is not present there, please attempt using one of the other contact methods, or, if you are unable to use the alternatives, please let me know.

Thank you for the reply!

I've contated Spotify Cares on Twitter and i'm waiting the answer 😉

Perfect! Let me know how it goes!

Solved! @SpotifyCares helped me out and it's all good now.

❤️

Suggested posts