Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble with my family plan

Solved!

Trouble with my family plan

Family Plan 

Premium

My Question or Issue

A few years ago, I suscribed me and my family to the premium family plan (I don´t know if that is the correct denomination in english). I did that from my mother´s account, because she was the one that was paying for it. But she didn´t really used spotify at all in that time. So, now I would like to add my little sister to the plan, but since the plan´s administrator is my mother, and she don´t remember her account (I tried to log in using her facebook account and two email adresses of her, but it didn´t work), I am incapable of add my sister, but also I can´t unsuscribe to the plan in order to make another subscription from my own account. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, altaaiir !

Welcome to the Spotify community.

In this article you find some tips to recover a lost account. Have you tried?

Hope this helps you. Let me know if it works. 

Regards. 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @altaaiir, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Could you ask your sister to try following some steps here to recover her account? She can also search her email inbox with the term "Spotify".

If that doesn't work, could you let me know what happens when your mother tries to add your sister to her account? If you'd like, you can send a screenshot so I can take a closer look (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community).

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello, altaaiir !

Welcome to the Spotify community.

In this article you find some tips to recover a lost account. Have you tried?

Hope this helps you. Let me know if it works. 

Regards. 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @altaaiir, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Could you ask your sister to try following some steps here to recover her account? She can also search her email inbox with the term "Spotify".

If that doesn't work, could you let me know what happens when your mother tries to add your sister to her account? If you'd like, you can send a screenshot so I can take a closer look (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community).

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you, I tried that, couldn´t recover the account. It would be great if Spotify team could let me know wich email adress is the one that is linked to my mother´s account. If that wasn´t possible, It would be nice if they could just cancel her subscription, so I could do a new one from my own account. Otherwise, I will have to ask to her bank account to stop paying the service, since we have no way to cancel it.

Thank you both, I found out what the problem were. It turns out that I created my mother´s account with my FATHER EMAIL. Sorry for bothering you, I´m a bit stupid sometimes 😂

Hey @altaaiir,

No worries, I'm happy you reached out! If you need help in the future, you can always start up a new thread here and the Community will be here to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts