Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble with password and email

Trouble with password and email

After much frustation, I'm hoping someone can help me. First I forgot my password so I went to chage my password but it asks for your current password, so I couldn't do that. Then I clicked on the reset password screen but it kept redirecting me to my edit profile page, so I googled and realized you had to log out. Then I went to reset my password but I can't get the new password because the email I have listed is inactive and I can't change that because I forgot my password. I tried to contact spotify and got an automated message. I directly replied to it and got another automated message. Can someone please help me? I want a new email listed and a new password. Thank you. 

7 Replies

I have to make a new account because apparently it linked to  facebook and it is broken, but I can't cancel the other account subscription because I forgot my password! I don't want to be charged again for this  account before I make a new one!  I'm waiting for another email by the support but it's been 20 minutes! why are they taking so long to reply? 

I'm so frustated right now I'm going insane. If you have an inactive email and forgot your password, it really messes things up it seems.

Hello!

Did you use this form to contact Spotify?

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

I can't use that form because the email listed is inactive, so if they responded, I wouldn't be able to receive it. 

And they still haven't responded to my email! It's been an hour already!  (I'm using my other email to contact them)

They need to put something in place to make it easier when you have an inactive email, because having an inactive email is causing so much trouble. 

well I used that form anyways but they should put an option to choose where you get the email back from. Anyways, I put in the question to send it to another email.

Having an inactive email and forgotten password really messes things up. It doesn't help that they are taking so long to respond. I'm considering being done with spotify, this is just causing too much frustation for me.

Hello!

It usually takes about a day or two to get a response (sometimes quicker) to get the first response from Spotify.

I hope everything get fixed, and you can access your account again! 🙂 Here is a form you can use without using your account (you can enter your own email). 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

oh thanks for that link! and I did not now it takes a day or two. thank you josh!

hopefully this gets sorted out.

@rufio331x - When you submit using the other form above, you should get an automated email reply with a case number in it. If you can reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) it will bump your case in the system over to an advisor as soon as possible for you 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts