NEXT STEP

Troubling changing payment method/country

Troubling changing payment method/country

Plan

Premium

Country

Currently US, trying to change to UK

My Question or Issue

I've browsed the other related questions but still am having the same issue.

My premium account is currently registered in the USA although I currently live in the UK (have a UK IP address). This hasn't been a problem for the last three years as my payment method was an American card. However, I have recently been issued a new British card with a British address and the old card is no longer functional. 

When I've tried to change my payment method to the new card (having deleted my old, non-functional card), there is an error as the billing address doesn't match my Spotify country - it gives me the option to change countries, which I click - gives me options of countries to change to, I click United Kingdom - but this then takes me to a page offering American premiumplans with an error message saying 'Sorry, you are not eligible for this plan' ? What do I do?

In addition to this, I'm trying to change my current plan to a student plan - but it only offers me the American student plans even after I click 'change country' and then 'united kingdom.' ???

1 Reply

Hey @cosmic_sancs ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

If you're currently in the UK and have a payment method that's been issued there, you should be able to update your payment method here. Make sure to change the country on the linked page first before choosing a payment method.

If you'd like to get Premium Student in the UK, you'll first need to update your country setting to the UK.

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts