Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying To Switch From Premium to Student

Trying To Switch From Premium to Student

Hi,

I am trying to switch from my current Premium account to a Student Premium account, but when I go to the student page and click on "get premium", it just takes me directly to my account page instead of to the page where I am supposed to verify that I'm a student. If anyone could help me, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

6 Replies

I am having the exact same problem on my account. I am currently using the three months for 99p offer which was activiated last week. I have the same issue when I click on the NUS Extra link - it redirects to my account overview page. I have also checked the payment details and it keeps saying that the next payment (not due till April) is £9.99.

At no point am I able to add my NUS Extra details so I am not sure if it is an issue with currently having an offer on my account?

N

Try logging in on your browser and then go to this URL: https://www.spotify.com/us/accounts/subscription/ . I already have a student account so I can't follow your steps exactly, but that might point you in the right direction.

- Jake

Hi - thanks for replying.

That's actually the page I have been to before but all I get is the option to change my payment card or cancel my current subscription (which it notes as premium at full price). I don't want to hit cancel and lose my current three month offer but also don't wsnt get stuck paying full price when my next payment is due.

It seems like I am missing something obvious but like the first poster said I get in s loop when using the student discount link which never takes me anywhere relating to student discount....

I am having the same problem.

I am having the same problem, I can't sign up for the student discount and am being charged the full amount.

Please help, this is the second time I am having issues with the discount function!

Hey guys!

Sorry for the trouble with the student discount!

Spotify recently changed a few things with the subscription pages, and it's causing a glitch for some people.

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you with this

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts