Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to add my daughter but Spotify thinks we are from different countries, HELP!

Solved!

Trying to add my daughter but Spotify thinks we are from different countries, HELP!

Help!  We are travelling in 2 days. I started Spotify Premium and added 1 daughter. The other daughter I invited will not accept her redeem token as it says she is in a different country. I looked at both of our profiles and we are both in USA.  Please help, I need to resolve this quickly before we travel!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Edit: We finally got it to work! Your last suggestion of emailing her the link from an email seemed to work, so we're all set. Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

@NEMom

Check if your country codes appear different in your profiles, for example, one of them in uppercase and the other in lowercase, the system treats them as different countries.

This is due to the fact that Facebook created accounts take the country information from the Facebook profile.

Also, the payment method (if she was Premium before) must match the country too, so delete any payment info she might have in her account before trying to change the country in profile.

Finally, send by yourself the link generated through INVITE MEMBER BY LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, that is the original problem, one country says US (mine) and hers says "us" (lowercase). How can I solve this now that I've invited her? Remove the invitation and have her change her country (she did not sign up with Facebook so we don't know how the countries came out different).

Now that you know this, let us know what to do, thanks!

Marked as solution

Edit: We finally got it to work! Your last suggestion of emailing her the link from an email seemed to work, so we're all set. Thank you!

@NEMom

Oh, I didn't see the update and ended up typing a response. Lol

Good to know it worked! 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts