Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to cancel my subscription but keeps giving me error message

Trying to cancel my subscription but keeps giving me error message

My free 30 day trial ends tomorrow and all I want to do is cancel my subscription. When I click cancel and it's at the page where it will verify my Facebook it gives me an error that I'm not logged in when I'm clearly logged in to my Facebook and Spotify account
5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you tried a different browser at all? There have been several reports of website issues over the past few days but their appearance seems to be random.

If you can't get it done, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to cancel it for you, and most likely issue a refund if you do get billed. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My card for Premium was cancelled. I'm trying to get it again so I changed my payment option but it sends me on this weird loop where your website won't sufficiently let me upgrade. Same as above--sending me to Facebook to confirm--says I'm not logged in when clearly I am. What's the deal? Why isn't there a number to call for technical support?

@annarooroo wrote:
My card for Premium was cancelled. I'm trying to get it again so I changed my payment option but it sends me on this weird loop where your website won't sufficiently let me upgrade. Same as above--sending me to Facebook to confirm--says I'm not logged in when clearly I am. What's the deal? Why isn't there a number to call for technical support?

We're aware of some issues with Facebook users having problems with a few payment areas of our website. Get in touch here and one of our payments team will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, make sure you reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Adam I have contacted you all twice please have someone get back to me! My card has been over drafted because I can't cancel my subscription!

Loveythelovely - Did you get a case number at all? Could you post it here?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts