Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to change country: Credit card information not being accepted

Trying to change country: Credit card information not being accepted

Hello everyone

I'm trying to change country from Canada to the UK. I follow the recommended method (updating my credit card details to my UK credit card). However, whenever I enter my UK credit card details I get "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our testing help area". I've tried it with two different cards and get the same error. The problem is not with the cards: they work fine for all other online shopping, etc.

Spotify, please address this: It's frustrating and I'm cancelling my Premium till it's addressed.

Thank you!

3 Replies

@asudeh

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before changing countries. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile, and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, it does not work. The pathway you suggest wasn't there: There was no UPDATE DETAILS option and so no way to 'Remove' and 'Change'. (I did cancel my subscription first, so that wasn't the issue.)

I just tried Paypal as a payment option and it gave me the same 'Oops there's something wrong with your payment provider error'.

Is there anyone from Spotify actually monitoring this thread? Please help: It's extremely frustrating not to be able to email you directly and I'm getting pretty annoyed with your service. Seriously thinking of switching to Apple Music and rebuilding my playlists. 

@asudeh

Not really, this is mostly a user driven community.

You can contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts