Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to connect Spotify to Facebook error

Trying to connect Spotify to Facebook error

I've been trying to connect my Spotify with my Facebook for months now. That button on the settings, both on the phone and on the PC does not work. It did give me a window, but I had to do the trick with Windows short cut keys to move it to make it appear on my screen at all, because it was not on the task bar, when alt tabbing it didn't appear either, so I had to move it and center it on the screen.

I've looked up this issue multiple times, I keep seeing this link.
https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/
But when I open it, it says "This Form has expired, please reload the page and try again." So that link is not going to help me at all. When I try doing Login with Facebook, it says that I don't have a spotify account connected to my Facebook account even after I connected it to my facebook when I did the shortcut trick. Any other ideas? Because I used this spotify account on my previous Facebook account that I deleted a year ago, and I feel that could be the issue, but that account's gone, and I can't connect it to this new one.

8 Replies

Hey @evan2tears, welcome to the community!

Just to confirm, if you log into your Facebook profile and head to Settings > Apps, do you see the Spotify app there?

Also, did you get any error messages when linking your account to Facebook following these steps.

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

It's not there, it was before, I removed it to try again, didn't work.

No worries!

In this case, let's try clicking the blue "Log in with Facebook" button on the Spotify app. You should get a pop up to authorize the app with Facebook again.

Once you authorize Spotify with Facebook, check if it's a different account than the one you're using. You'll need to close the account linked to Facebook to then be able to link it to another account.

Let me know how it goes.

I recorded it for you in case you want to see it but I wouldn't post the video here, but, if you want it I could send it. But I'll explain either way what happens when I did what you just said.

I have to press Alt + Space and then M to make that window that gives me a facebook login screen appear at all. Then I log in, allow everything. And then nothing happens except it appears on the settings in my Facebook account on the Apps page. Even then, Spotify itself can't tell I'm connected, it says I don't have an account connected. And when I tried to press the Blue button again, it tells me to login again. Then I did it three times. It still doesn't work. 

Alright!

In this case, it's best to reach out to our Support team via Twitter or Facebook. They'll take a closer look at your account to help you out.

Let me know how it goes.

I have a feeling though, I want to test something, I want to try making a new spotify account and maybe add all my songs from the previous account. I'll lose my followers but whatever. Do you think that'll work? Because if the problem is that I forgot to disconnect my previous Facebook account before deleting it, maybe making a new Spotify account and connecting it to my new Facebook account would help?

Making a new account wouldn't fix this issue.

Since your Facebook is already linked to an account, you won't be able to link it to another one until the Spotify account is fully closed.

The Support team will find the account linked to Facebook and close it for you. You'll then be able to link your profile to the Spotify account you're using. Also, you won't lose any information this way.

Cheers.

Oh right. Alright I'll try Support then, thank you! I just like thinking of solutions. 🙂 

Suggested posts