Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to listen from a tumblr page

Trying to listen from a tumblr page

I recently downloaded spotify because I have a tumbr page and someone else kept posting music with a sotify account.  Now every time I try to play the music on tumblr, it won't upload spotify even though I have an account.  What can I do?  Thanks

8 Replies

Do you mean that you are clicking on the play button on the Tmblr page but it won't play?

What are you browsing on? Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android?

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Yes that's exactly it, I'm pushing the Play, but it won't play.  I have Windows Vista using Internet Explorer.

In the Spotify options page (Edit->Preferences) make sure that the 'Allow Spotify to be started from the web' checkbox is ticked - it's near the bottom so you'll need to scroll down to see it.

----------------

Okay my Edit Preferences page does not have that box unless I am looking in the wrong place.  Ah, sorry, I really want to fix this and it's driving me crazy.

Grrr - I hate how the Spotify software seem to have different layouts and configurations in every version and depending on your subscription level.

Just to check though - are you running it under Windows? Make sure you are scrolling right down to the bottom - you should see this: 

Capture.JPG

If not maybe you are still on an old version of the software. Download the latest from here http://www.spotify.com/download/ and install over you existing one to see if that helps.

Once the 'start from web' functionality is working you should see a process called SpotifyWebHelper.exe in the Task Manager.

----------------

Okay it's my Windows Vista then. When i try to download the player, it won't complete the download.  I click Run, it downloads, and then nothing. I can't find it on my computer, poof, it's gone.  **bleep**

Try right-click then 'Run as Administrator'
----------------

I'm sorry, I guess I'm just not meant to have this thing. I clicked Run as Administrator and it flashes but won't complete the Spotify Installer.  I don't know what else i can do.

Suggested posts