Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to purchase premium e-card

Trying to purchase premium e-card

My account with Spotify is linked to the U.S., despite my living in Spain. I have a premium account and was hoping to purchase a premim e-card for a friend in the states. When I'm on Spotify.com U.S., it says gift cards (assuming this includes e-cards as there's no other option) are not available in that country. If I switch to Spotify.com Spain, I'll be purchasing "from" a country I'm not registered with Spotify from. Hoping this can be easily asvised as the websit navigation has been both confusing and frustrating.

Thank you.
3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to buy an eCard for your friend in the US. 

Currently eCards are not available outside of europe and eCards are only valid for redemption in the country in which they are purchased (so even if you managed to buy one in spain, they wouldn't be able to redeem it).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If gift cards do the same job, maybe a proxy would help, so you appear to be in the US?

Hello,

I don't think gift cards are available to buy in the U.S., but you could try sending money through PayPal and they could pay for it that way. 

Here is some information on it:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/helpcenter/article/?articleID=94015&topicID=11500015&m=TKB

Hope this helps 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Suggested posts