Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to remove credit card information

Trying to remove credit card information

Hi, I'm trying to delete my payment information from my Spotify account but it's impossible to do it. I sent a number of emails to Spotify support but their answers don't answer the question I was asking, which is worthless. I am currently only using Spotify Premium codes and I am not on a recurring subscription, so I want to delete my credit card information. However, there is no option anywhere for my to do it. In the "Subscription & Payment" page in the account, I can only see the last four digits of my card, the expiry date and a note underneath the Subscription heading that says "You are registered for Spotify Premium until 2015-07-26. After this period your account will become a Spotify Free account." There are no buttons or options anywhere to manage or remove my credit card. I sent an email to Spotify asking what to do and the answer they gave me was to go into the payment settings page to change it, which is unhelpful advice when I already said there was NO OPTION anywhere to do that. I am posting this in the hope that someone from the community or from Spotify will know what to do. I did send an email asking if the could remove my credit card for me but it'll take Spotify support hours to even reply.
2 Replies

Unfortunately, support will have to help you with this. You'll just have to be patient and wait for a reply.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you don't get a reply within a reasonable amount of time, post back here and I'll forward this thread to support so they can help you. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem, how did you solved it?

Suggested posts