Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to reset my password but Spotify doesn't recognize my email

Trying to reset my password but Spotify doesn't recognize my email

I have two Spotify accounts, one associated with Facebook and one I set up using an email address. I want to delete the Facebook account and solely use the other account. When I try to use the Forgot Password function, it says that my email is not associated with an active Spotify account. But then I tried to create a new account with the same email address and it says that the email is already being used for a Spotify account. So frustrating! I want to upgrade to Premium but I'm scared to do so until I get all this sorted out.

------------------------

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 7, MacBook pro)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

4 Replies

Hey there @12164901737

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Can you try disconnecting your Spotify account from your Facebook account? Simply visit this help page on how to do that.  

Then log out of both your Spotify accounts and try if you manage to log in to each of them. 

If that doesn't do the trick we'll provide you with further help.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I had a similar issue today.  I reset the password to my account two days ago and received email confirmation from Spotify. Everything worked fine yesterday. Then today I was not able to login to account, went to reset password and Spotify doesn't recognize the email address that was associated with the account.  Have had no luck contacting Spotify support thus far.

Hey there @DJIceman,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Start off by trying to reset the password here in a private/incognito window on your PC. If you still can't reset the password, check this info for more guidance.

In case you still aren't able to log in to your account, it's a good idea to take a look at this page for more info on disabled accounts. If you get an automated email upon contacting support, you can reply to it in order to speed up the process.

If you have questions, you know where to find us 🙂 

Thank you Ivan,

Support had to reset my original email & password in order for me to gain access to my account.  The initial reset link received never did work in any browser, even after clearing cache, etc.   Got a "...link broken" error.  I logged in using web instead of desktop app and was successful.

Suggested posts