Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to sign up for Premium

Trying to sign up for Premium

First of all, I had trouble logging in to upgrade my account. Didn't hear anything from support until 5 days after request. Response was rude and didn't help. Finally get into my account, try to upgrade to premium and now it won't accept my VISA (yes the infomation is correct) What gives with this company?? Disappointed is an understatement.

7 Replies

I had exactly the same, and then out of nothign it started to synchronize all songs back again. Still no answer though from support to my question, as I am not sure how often I have pushed the PURCHASE button!

Well I pressed it a few times because it was coming back declined (which is false)

CAN I GET AN ANSWER ON THIS?

iamtylerdurden - I've just looked in our system - Your case was sent in 3 days ago, and my colleague replied yesterday. Did you send one in previously five days ago? I couldn't seem to locate that one on our system. 

In his reply, he mentioned that trying a different browser and resetting your password may very well help. Did you try both of these steps at all?

You might always want to be certain that your card meets the following requirements -

1. Your card must not have expired. If you have received a new card, please update your card details on your Subscription page: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. If you intend to use a payment method in another country, you can make this selection on your Subscription page (We can only accept payment from our launch countries).

3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card).

4. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.

5. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure.

jurrej - I'll respond to your email now.

Airhorn Enthusiast

"Declined, please check or change payment details."

Every single time...

And yes, I did send one 5 days ago, and then another 3 days ago.

"Declined, please check or change payment details."

Every single time...

And yes, I did send one 5 days ago, and then another 3 days ago.

"5. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure."

No. Wrong payment type in your payment system. Ask from Nordea bank if you are unsure.

Spotify should use "Internet payments" method.

And this is so hard to understand in Spotify office. Nordea decline Spotify because Nordea cares about it's customers. And Spotify... what you do... nothing. All you need is change your payment method to "Internet" in your payment system and 95% of payment problems are gone in just one second...

And yes, I'm contacted to your CS about this. The response: change bank. Awesome idea... But maybe you can fix your system first?

This can't be fixed... if we are silent. The Spotify believe, that problem is in bank. Where the problem is actually in Spotify's payment system.

Spotify lost me as a paying customer because they're not suited for internet payments. The gall they have to direct me to my bank. Why can I pay for everything else online with no problem but not Spotify?

Suggested posts