Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to update Spotify Free to Premium: Spotify says I already have it?

Solved!

Trying to update Spotify Free to Premium: Spotify says I already have it?

I'm trying to activate Spotify Premium through Sonera (local operator), but I keep getting the message that I already have a paid account in use which I should cancel - but I don't have one! I previously had Spotify Unlimited, but I canceled it in February, so it's been over 30 days since the cancellation. On my Spotify account page it only says (correctly) that I'm using Spotify Free.

What's the matter?!

24 Replies

its actually ryandouglasnyder

I am being billed for Spotify Premium but when I go to the account to cancel I am being told I only have free spotify.

How do I stop the billing?

Felicia Leinonen

I have a similar problem. Spotify is charging monthly subscription to my credit card and told me i already hv premium, but in my login account, it shows that i’m under Free subscription. Spotify gave me my user id and told me to reset my password, i try everything but my subscriptionis still under Free and I’m paying the monthly premium for nothing.

Looks like I am not the only one geeting the monthly premium charges but not having the actual premium function. My account also keeps showing Free subscription. 

I called my bank to terminate my existing credit card and issue me a new credit card with new credit card number.

I have a pre paid visa credit card but it won’t take my payment method. Why won’t it? It’s $25. 

Suggested posts