Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to update Spotify Free to Premium: Spotify says I already have it?

Solved!

Trying to update Spotify Free to Premium: Spotify says I already have it?

I'm trying to activate Spotify Premium through Sonera (local operator), but I keep getting the message that I already have a paid account in use which I should cancel - but I don't have one! I previously had Spotify Unlimited, but I canceled it in February, so it's been over 30 days since the cancellation. On my Spotify account page it only says (correctly) that I'm using Spotify Free.

What's the matter?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Is an existing payment method shown on this page? If so, try removing it first.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I've just checked for you and I can confirm that your subscription has expired and your account is now free, so it's odd that you're receiving that message from Sonera. Have you tried contacting their support?
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Marked as solution

Is an existing payment method shown on this page? If so, try removing it first.

No, it doesn't show, I've removed the payment method previously. That was only about a week ago though, so is that why I can't yet upgrade to premium via Sonera?

I don't think so. Could you get in touch with the account staff using the contact form and they will know the answer 🙂

If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Marked as solution

I've just checked for you and I can confirm that your subscription has expired and your account is now free, so it's odd that you're receiving that message from Sonera. Have you tried contacting their support?
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I already contacted them today, haven't received a reply yet.

Thanks for your help anyway! 🙂

Yes, I've contacted Sonera but the personnel there keeps getting the same error message as me when trying to upgrade to Premium on their site.

Definitely something weird going on here. I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form and they can have a proper look at your account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Guys, I have a problem. I got a Spotify Gift Card and I would like to start using it now. But when I try to activate it only allows me to get the free premium month. The problem is there that it doesn't allow gift cards for it. How can I get Premium before using the one month free?

Are you currently using Spotify Free?

Have you ever used your "Spotify Free Premium" trial? 
How are you trying to activate your Spotify gift card? With redeeming the code or through the specially designed link you received in your email inbox? 

I am using free and I have not used the one free month. I can't find a place to activate the gift card, thats the problem.

@Audaxian - Just head over to
https://www.spotify.com/redeem/

Enter your code and you should be good to go!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm tryin to update my Spotify to the premium but forgot password, wen I try to reset through my email it won't let me I'm signed up through Facebook it won't let me send the reset link to my hotmail

I cant get free premium!!!!!!

Hi
FB_IMG_1480972509468.jpg

I'm already a premium member and I'm unable to get the benefits. I was charged yesterday the monthly fee. please advice.

Im trying to take the premium off

How can upgrade my account to family . My payment method us is mobile

my account says premium but it keeps saying upgrade on all my devices and its on the premium setting

I work for starbucks and had the premium for free on my old phone downloaded the app logged in and now I dont have premium

Suggested posts