Announcements

Trying to update payment method, no Credit Card option

Re: Trying to update payment method, no Credit Card option

Alex

Hey folks,

Thanks for the replies and the info.

@PGrash, apologies for the wrong link. Can you try to open this Link for Premium Family subscription. Let us know if you can update your payment details from that page.

If it's not possible, you'd need to cancel your current Premium Family subscription, wait until your account goes on free and re-subscribe through the link. It should then allow you to use your Card/ PayPal.

We do understand that this may cause some frustration as your family members' account will also go on free for a brief period of time. 

After re-subscribing with your Card/PayPal there should be no issues with the debit of the monthly subscription.

We've reported this to the right team at Spotify and have received information that they are working on it, however we don't have any official info on a definitive timeline.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Ettery
Regular

Thanks for the info - will we lose all our playlists if we do this?

Alex

Hi @Ettery,

Your accounts will stay exactly the same. No playlists, music, followers etc. will be lost 🙂

While on the free service the only difference is that you'll hear ads every once in a while. Note that you'll have to re-download playlists you've saved for Offline listening, but that shouldn't take long.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

PGrash
Casual Listener

Hi, it brings me to Page not Found. let me know if you're still going to give me another link before I remove my subscription. Thanks!

Novy

Hey @PGrash

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

In this case, we'd recommend cancelling your current subscription to re-subscribe once your account reverts to the free service. 

We really appreciate your patience and your feedback has been passed on to the right folks. 

If you need us again, you know where to find us.

Cheers.

NovyModerator

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau
SUGGESTED POSTS