[Tutorial] How to Disconnect Spotify from Facebook

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: [Tutorial] How to Disconnect Spotify from Facebook

NeilSpaceKot

I have followed all the tutorials that I have been able to find on removing my FB real name and Profile picture from Spotify for about 2 years to no avail, except that I finally just managed to change the picture. I hope it holds and doesn't revert back as has occurred to other posters on either this forum or the 'support' one. I still am not able to remove my real name and have both the Android versions of the apps and desktop versions display my Spotify username.

I haven't used Facebook in over a year now and wish to divorce it from all my other apps. I also created my Spotify account sans Facebook by using a Yahoo e-mail and creating a Spotify username

I login using a Spotify username and/or an e-mail with password seperate from Facebook. When I go into settings there is NO DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK button, but a CONNECT TO FACEBOOK button. When I login to this community page or the support page though, my Spotify username of NeilSpaceKot appears as I wish.  Within my Windows desktop app or on either of my Android devices I'm stuck with the Facebook name. I really do not wish to delete/create accounts since I wish to keep the same Spotify username and e-mail address.

Why has Spotify made this SO hard to do!?

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I had the issue too that I subscribed with my Facebook account, but now wanting to disconnect it from my Spotify account.

I was flabbergasted why I read I have to close the account and make a new one. This answer can't be serious!? How difficult is it to make it work without having to make a new account? Spotify must have programmers available to fix this. Maybe time to say goodbye to Spotify...

Highlighted

justinminorkey1
Casual Listener

All you have to do is contact Spotify customer service and they will transfer everything over its very easy

Highlighted

Michieltje1

Yes, that worked out very well and quick! Maybe the chosen solution on the first base should be changed.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

And how do you contact the customer support service ?

Highlighted

ln6a5q_-oqao

I have a problem whereby I had an old spotify account an age ago that I connected to my Facebook but can't remember any of the login details for, and yet I'm wanting to remove my old spotify. Is there any way of doing this through Facebook?

Solution!

Spotify
Spotify

Hey folks, we're going to stop new replies on this thread as it is very old. 

To disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook:

1. Open the Spotify desktop app.
  2. In the top-right corner, click the dropdown menu arrow, then Settings.
  3. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

Note: It’s not possible to complete these steps on mobile.

If you’re not seeing this option, it means you created your account with Facebook, so it’s not possible to disconnect. If this is the case, check out your next steps at this support article.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS