Premium Family

Country

Germany

Device

(Sonos One)

Operating System

(iOS 14, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I have two Sonos One boxes that are each operated with a separate Alexa accound.

I have assigned a separate Spotify account to each Alexa accound.

Both Spotify Accounds belong to a Family Accound.

Unfortunately, only one of the One Boxes can be accessed on Spotify via Alexa voice control.

What am I doing wrong?

Or is there another way to listen to different music on the two speakers by voice command?

5 Replies

Hi there @bikerboy-1986,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

No worries, that is the correct way to use Spotify with voice commands on your Alexa devices.

As a first step to sort this out, we recommend following these steps with the affected Sonos and Spotify accounts:

1. Unlink your Spotify and Alexa accounts. Find how here.

2. Turn your Sonos speaker off.

3. Restart your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds.

4. Log out from your Spotify account, restart your phone, and log back in.

5. Turn on your Sonos speaker and link your accounts again.

Make sure you're running the latest version of both apps and that the Sonos' firmware is up to date.

If the issue persists, we recommend reinstalling the apps. You can find the steps to run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app in this guide. This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I followed the instructions, even deleted, reinstalled and reconnected all apps.

Unfortunately the problem still persists.

Hey @bikerboy-1986,

Thanks for trying and keeping in touch.

Just to confirm, is this happening only with Spotify or with any other apps and commands when using Alexa via voice control?

Also, could you try linking the Spotify account that is linked to the Sonos device that is working fine to the one that is having the issue? Is there any difference?

We'd also like to know if both speakers are in separate rooms so when giving a voice command, the right speaker receives it. This will help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

When I select songs from spotify in the Sonos app, it works without any problems.

It is only when I activate the voice control (Alexa).

One works without any problems.

The other then says that he is playing the title "xxx" from Spotify but then he does not play anything.

Hey there @bikerboy-1986,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try rebooting both your Sonos devices and restarting your router? Also, try changing the wireless channel on your Sonos systems to 1.

It may also help to update your Sonos systems to the most recent version. 

Something else you can try is to connect all devices to a new WiFi network. You can create a mobile hotspot from your phone and connect the speakers and other devices to that one to test if the network setup is causing the issue. 

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts