Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two accounts on the same email

Two accounts on the same email

So I made a spotify account a while ago but deleted it and quickly made another with a slightly different username shortly after, now I have two accounts which are linked but not the same, on my phone I have the correct account, it has my profile pic, playlists which load up and everything as well as my correct account name. 

However on auto login on my desktop it shows the profile with the old account name (the one which I deleted) no profile picture and the playlist is there but not loadable.

The accounts can play different tracks at the same time depite having the same email and are not detected as paired devices. Lastly, I can log out of the desktop and log back in to the correct account however having to do this everytime is not practical for me, even if I dont allow it to auto sign in, input the correct password and then reactivate auto sign in, it still signs in to the deleted account.

New playlists that are made dont port over to this weird ghost account. Both accounts also lead to the same account information page.

1 Reply

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next! 🙂

Suggested posts